This is one of my favorite personal recipes, my family loves it and I’m sure yours will too … enjoy!
- Raw chicken breast
- Green, yellow and red peppers (diced into cubes)
- Pineapple chunks
- 1 shallot
- 2 red onions
- Pak choi
- Spring onions
- Diced ginger
- 1 Lime sliced into thin segments (decoration/salad)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- Worchester sauce
- Soy sauce
- Star Anise
- Oxo chicken stock cube
- Oxo vegetable stock cube
- Oyster sauce
- Brown castor sugar, salt, and pepper
- Sesame seed oil
- sweet chili sauce
- pineapple juice
- orange peel
- chili flakes
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes
- Season the chicken with the oxo chicken stock cube, vinegar, salt, pepper, soy sauce, sesame seed oil and a lot of potato starch, refrigerate for an hour.
- For the salad, preheat your wok
- Add the sesame seed and oil to the wok
- Once toasted, add a bit of honey, oxo vegetable stock cube, garlic, ginger, star anise, spring onions, and vinegar, plus a bit of water to make a broth (for the broccoli to cook)
- Add the broccoli and pak choi to the broth and gently stir. Let the salad simmer till the broth has evaporated
- Add a generous amount of honey and Worchester sauce some raw red onions and shallots to the salad, put it to one side to cool.
- For the sweet and sour sauce, preheat the pan and add a generous amount of brown castor sugar and honey to the pan.
- When the sugar has melted and is bubbling add 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice, limes, chili flakes, Aromat, garlic, star anise, vinegar, oyster sauce, chives, paprika, orange peel and sweet chili sauce to the mix. Then add the green, yellow and red peppers along with the pineapple chunks. Put the sauce to the side to cool
- For the chicken, preheat the pan with a generous amount of sunflower oil, or any oil of your choice.
- When the oil is really hot, add the chicken pieces one by one
- Let the chicken fry until cooked, golden brown and crispy
- Drain the oil from the chicken and add into the sweet and sour mix.
- Serve with your salad and garnish with chili peppers and chives and enjoy!
Remember to have fun with it!
Thank you once again for reading, also don’t forget to follow my Instagram @shanicexharris for more information