Now this one here is a winner, unfortunately i can’t give all of the ingredients as its a signiture dish, therefore not all my secrets can be revealed but i will be sure to give you most of the ingredients to achieve the same results just without Shanice’s secret seasoning.
Cooking time: 1hr 30 mins
- Chopped sweet potatoe
- Red Pepper
- Green pepper
- 4 Onions
- Tomato puree
- Tin tomato
- Sunflower oil
- Minced ginger
- Minced garlic
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Lemon juice
- Fennel seeds
- Chilli powder
- Curry powder
- Cumin seeds
- 2 Cloves
- Shanice’s secret seasoning
- Butter ( for the non vegans)
- Wash, peel and chop the sweet potatoe into bitesize cubes.
- Drizzle some oil onto the sweet potatoe and let it roast in the oven.
- Wash and clean the rice and boil with salt water ( 1:1 ratio of rice and water)
- Then add the onions into the pan and let them sweat till golden
- For the curry base blend red pepper, tin tomato, cumin and fennel seeds till fine with no bits
- Next add the blended mix to the pan with the onions and let it simmer
- Once thicker add the vegetable stock cube, paprika, salt, sugar, tomato puree, cloves, curry powder, chilli powder, lemon juice, minced garlic and ginger to the sauce.
- Check on the roasted sweet potatoe, once they are golden brown take them out and add smoked paprika, coriander and salt and let it cool and gently mix into the curry sauce
- Add spinach last when the curry is thick to avoid overcooking
- When the rice is soft and fluffy fold in the butter (optional) and serve alongside the sweet potato curry