I am partly Bajan, I have an uncontrollable sweet tooth and I really do adore pancakes. Sorry, not sorry.
But do not worry, I have been avoiding the gym this whole week so I do know how guilty it feels …
However, these pancakes are low in fat, low in sugar and they are VEGAN! what else could a girl ask for?
Cooking time: 1hr
- 220 grams Self-raising flour or any other flour
- 240 ML of Almond milk
- Brown unrefined sugar
- Banana extract
- Vegan chocolate/dark chocolate
- Corn flakes
- Mini crunchie chocolate bar (option for non vegans)
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Tablespoon of Baking powder
- Half a banana (optional)
- Get a bowl and mix in the dry ingredients i.e. flour, baking powder, brown sugar (according to your taste)
- Then add the wet ingredients into the dry mix i.e. almond milk, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and banana extract and whisk till smooth. Add diced banana chunks to the mix, this is optional.
- Heat the frying pan on the lowest heat, then add a small amount of oil, sunflower oil is recommended
- When the pan is hot enough gently pour some pancake mix to the pan and wait till the pancake creates small air bubbles to flip it. It should look golden brown like this …
- For the homemade chocolate sauce, heat a pan with 6 tablespoons of almond milk and 4 cubes of unsweetened dark chocolate.
- When the chocolate has melted in well with the milk, add a tablespoon of maple syrup and two drops of vanilla extract
- For vegans crush a handful of dry cornflakes, and for the non vegans crush a bit of cadburys crunchy chocolate bar.
- To serve, layer the pancakes with a generous amount of chocolate syrup and cornflakes/crunchy and it is ready to eat