There is this one song that has been on my mind for this whole week and its been driving me berserk, especially the lyrics ‘DRIPPIN IN SAUCE THE DRIP-DRIP IS SO SAUCY’ sounds familiar?
The idea of cooking something saucy and delicious came to mind… uh duh chicken wings of course!
This recipe is amazing for a family & friends get together, its quick and so easy to cook and i hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!
Cooking time: 1hr 30 mins
- Raw chicken wings
- OXO chicken stock cube
- OXO vegetable stock cube
- Tandoori powder
- Cider vinegar
- Chipotle chilli flakes
- Smoked paprika
- Tropical sun chicken seasoning
- Low sugar and salt ketchup
- Mustard powder
- Laksa curry paste
- Worchester sauce
- Chicken gravy granules
- Bajan pepper sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- A day before cooking the chicken, marinate the chicken wings in OXO chicken + a vegetable stock cube, a tablespoon of cider vinegar, tandoori powder, a bit of water, salt, garlic powder and olive oil and leave overnight.
- Put your chicken on a griller pan with a rack so the chicken fat and juices can drip down to avoid boiling the chicken. Put the chicken wings into oven at a medium heat (200 – 250 degrees F). Add a light drizzle of olive oil to encourage a crispy skin to the wings
- For the homemade BBQ sauce get 2 cups of ketchup and add to a pan with a generous amount of water – to saturate the thick tomato sauce. Let it heat for 5 minutes
- Add half a teaspoon of mustard powder, a teaspoon of cider vinegar, Laksa curry paste, a tablespoon of worchester sauce, two tablespoons of sugar, a pinch of salt, half a teaspoon of tandoori powder, a tablespoon of tropical island chicken seasoning, a tablespoon of chicken gravy granules, a teaspoon of smoked paprika, a table spoon of bajan pepper sauce, and lastly a tablespoon of tabasco sauce.
- Mix throughly and let it reduce and bubble for 20 minutes on a low heat
- When the chicken is crispy and golden brown remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes
- Add the chicken wings into a wide bowl and slowly pour the BBQ glaze onto the chicken wings
- Using hands or food tweezers delicately slaver the sauce onto each chicken wing and plate up
These go great with potato wedges, fries or even onion rings which is one of my favourites!
Thank you for reading and enjoy!