This is something i have never done before … eaten gold!
Cooking time: 2hrs 30mins
- Fresh chicken thighs
- 2 eggs
- Almond milk
- Baking powder
- Edible gold
- Garlic puree
- Garlic powder
- Mustard powder
- Sunflower oil
- Maple syrup
- Firstly clean and skin the fresh chicken thighs
- Then season with a teaspoon of garlic puree and leave overnight to marinate
- The next day, get a flat tray and fill with a generous amount of plain flour, add a teaspoon of pepper, garlic powder, paprika, mustard powder, and a tablespoon of salt and mix together
- Then whisk an egg and pour onto the chicken thighs, massage in well
- Preheat a frying pan with a generous amount of oil, make sure its on a low/medium heat
- When the chicken is covered in egg, coat each piece of chicken in the seasoned flour
- Fry each piece of chicken until its lightly golden (do not overfry it)
- When the chicken has been fried, place them onto a rack and cook them for an hour on a low/medium heat
- While the chicken is baking, make the waffle mix. I used a nutri blitzer to blend the wet and dry ingredients together. Add flour, 1 egg, almond milk (ratio 1:1:1) and then half a teaspoon of baking powder and one teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Use a waffle maker to create your waffles and take them out until they are brown, or however you like it.
- When 1 hour has past take the chicken out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes
- Dust the warm waffles with edible gold dust and serve with a few pieces of fried chicken, then drizzle with some syrup, i like maple syrup on mine
Its very straightforward and enjoyed by anyone who loves the combition of salty and sweetness. I hope you enjoy.
Seasons greetings !