Hope you all had a great Christmas with your family and friends. Mine was really good, however it went so quick and now everyone is back to their usual routines.
Any New Years resolutions? Mine is to get back into shape again after the period of over-indulging and also being more organised, especially with my blog. I have so many amazing recipes and ideas to share and also collaborations with my family members this year and that will be coming very soon. But for now here is my unique recipe; Scrumptious pork shoulder steaks in an apple and cinnamon glaze.
Cooking time: 1hr
- Raw pork shoulder steaks
- 2 apples
- 1/2 a green pepper
- 1/2 a red pepper
- Garlic puree
- Cinnamon powder
- Smoked paprika
- Ginger powder
- Apple cider vinegar
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Brown sugar
- Mustard powder
- Chicken gravy granules
- Dark soy sauce
- Chipotle chilli flakes
- Nasi goreng paste
- Star anise
- Tropical island all-purpose seasoning
- Firstly, season the pork shoulder steaks with garlic puree, vegetable stock cube, ginger powder, a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar, salt, oregano, star anise, smoked paprika, pepper, a tablespoon of nasi goreng paste. And let it marinade in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Then, heat a cast iron grill pan with a bit of oil on a low/medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Once the pan is hot, sprinkle some sugar and let it brown. Then add the pork shoulder steaks and let it grill evenly.
- Now for the sauce, cut up two apples, half a green pepper and a red pepper and add to a blender to blitz with some water till its somewhat smooth.
- After, add the blended sauce into a pan and let it simmer.
- While the sauce is boiling add, a star anise, three tablespoons of brown sugar, a tablespoon of all-purpose seasoning, oregano, cinnamon powder, dark soy sauce, chipotle chilli flakes and chicken gravy granules. Whisk till the sauce is thick and bubbling.
- Add the sauce to the grill pan with the pork shoulders and let it simmer for 5 minutes and its done.
You could serve this with noodles or rice, which ever you prefer … hope you enjoy !
And also Happy New Year!