I know it has been a while. But I’m back and ready to start uploading frequently. Sooo many food ideas and food reviews to come, I can’t wait!
On the other hand its January, usually the slowest month of year, but the days have flown by and it’s almost February already. I know for sure that it’s that time of year where the Uni and secondary school students are buried in their books, studying for their exams. Therefore, this ones for you, I know how it feels when you have spent the whole day revising and your hungry but don’t have the energy or desire to cook up a meal. So this is something you could prepare for the week, its convenient, nutritious and delicious.
Here is my Lazy boy pizza disks with a refreshing yogurt dressing.
Cooking Time: 1hr
- 8 medium wheat tortilla wraps
- 5 large tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- Mini corn
- Fresh basil leaf
- Left over roast chicken
- 1 oxo vegetable stock cube
- Garlic powder
- Garlic puree
- Tomato puree
- Healthy boy sweet chilli sauce
- Cheddar cheese or (vegan cheese – my favourite)
- Firstly, thinly dice the tomatoes, peppers, spinach, basil and mini corn, shred the left over chicken and put to a side and pre heat the oven on grill.
- Carefully grill the tortilla wraps evenly on each side till toasted and hard. Leave to one side.
- Then heat a cast iron grill pan and add the peppers and mini corn, sprinkle some oxo vegetable stock, salt and garlic powder. Let that grill for a few minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes, spinach and basil in a separate dish and leave to one side.
- For the pizza base, mix, tomato puree, healthy boy sweet chilli sauce, and ketchup (2:1:1)
- Prepare your pizzas by spreading the tomato base, adding some shredded chicken, the pepper and corn grill, a bit of the tomato and spinach mix and top with some cheddar cheese, or any cheese prefered. Grill the pizza disks for 1-2 minutes just to melt the cheese.
- Once that’s all done, it is time to prepare the refreshing yogurt dressing. Get a cup of yogurt, coriander, and sweet chilli sauce (2:1:2). Mix that all together. And add the remaining tomato, spinach and basil mix to the pizza disks and drizzle the yogurt dressing on top … And there you have it!
So quick, and you could easily save some in the fridge for another day.
Thank you for reading, hope you all have a lovely week!