Cooking time: 1 hr
- 1 whole pineapple
- 5 eggs
- Green, red and yellow pepper
- Spring onion
- Sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp Garlic
- Soy sauce
- Salt & Sugar
- Star anise
- Cider vinegar
- Chicken stock cube
- To begin, wash and clean the rice and boil it until the rice is soft, not too soft or mushy.
- Then cut all the raw vegetables, including the spring onion into bite-size cubes.
- Once everything is chopped up, carefully cut the pineapple in half and scoop the pineapple center out. And dice one half of the pineapple into medium chunks.
- Next, heat the frying pan with a bit of oil (any of your choice) preferably sesame seed oil because of the unique taste it gives the fried rice. And add the 5 eggs to the pan, gently scramble the eggs.
- When the eggs are partly cooked add the shrimp and chopped veggies to the pan. Sprinkle some salt, sugar and one chicken stock cube into the mix.
- Once the shrimp are pink, add the seasoning into the mix, including a tsp of honey, star anise, a splash of cider vinegar and lastly the garlic.
- Gently toss the stir fry until the seasoning is infused into the veggies and shrimp.
- Lastly, slowly add the rice and soy sauce. Add the rice into the pineapple bowls and it’s ready to eat!