Cooking time: 1 hr
- Fresh raw smoked basa
- Wild rice
- White rice
- Garlic clove
- Garlic powder
- Ginger powder
- Sesame seed oil
- Malaysian curry paste
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Red Chili pepper
- Sugar-free syrup (any except maple)
- Firstly, clean the fish and marinate overnight in the fridge. Add a tablespoon of Malaysian curry paste, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, sesame seed oil, coriander, brown sugar.
- Then wash and boil white rice with some wild rice in salty water till its soft and add a tablespoon of butter
- The day after, pre-heat the frying pan with a tablespoon of butter, a cut garlic clove, and a sliced lemon, syrup. Fry the fish evenly on both sides till it’s brown and crispy, and a sticky sauce has been made.
- Dice a bit of the red chili pepper into tiny pieces and add to the fish.
- Serve with the fluffy buttery rice and it’s done!
Hope you enjoy this flavorsome dish. I apologise for the last uploads, more frequent uploads to come. Thank you for reading x