Burgers are one of the best foods on earth, I know that’s a strong statement to make, and I have no statistics to prove that but I cannot be the only one? Please tell me I’m not the only one. I mean, you can’t really go wrong with a burger, it’s like a sandwich but better, you’ve got the simple ingredients of the beef patty, then the choice of cheese, pickles, lettuce etc or you can go creative with either onion rings, fried egg, oh! or jalapenos. There are so many options and types of burgers you can create. I’m going to be very honest with you, I did find it very difficult to choose what ingredients I wanted in my burger, a lot of sleepless nights, tears … okay, I’m joking. But it wasn’t an easy decision, therefore I went with the classic option but with an oomph!
So here it is, The bad & boujee brioche burger: well seasoned juicy beef patty, with smokey bacon, tangy cheddar cheese, pickled caramelised onions sandwiched into a soft, crunchy and buttery garlic brioche shell. Enjoy!
Cooking time: 1hr
- Two packets of raw lean minced beef
- Raw smoked bacon
- Baby leaf salad
- 8 Brioche Buns
- Extra mature cheddar cheese slices
- Bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of lazy garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of paprika (NOT SMOKED)
- 1 tablespoon of aromat
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Worchester sauce
- Firstly, marinate the raw mince meat with the paprika, aromat, lazy garlic Worchester sauce, breadcrumbs, salt, and black pepper, massage in well, however, do not overdo it as it can make the meat tough when you cook it.
- Secondly, chop the onions and add balsamic vinegar and sugar. Then let it chill in the fridge until you need to fry it.
- After, get the minced meat and divide into 8 medium balls, gently, flatten and press the centre.
- Heat the pan on a low to medium heat with butter. When the butter starts to sizzle add the beef patties and brown on each side for 5 minutes.
- Then, add one slice of cheddar cheese on each beef patty and cook in the oven for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- In the meantime prepare the bacon to be fried.
- Fry the bacon.
- When the bacon is cooked place them onto a plate with tissue to soak up the fat
- Fry the onion in the bacon fat until brown, soft on the outside but crunchy on the inside.
- Now that everything is cooked including the beef patties, spread butter and add a pinch of garlic salt and chive onto the brioche bun and broil for a couple of minutes.
- Finally, you can stack the burger with ketchup, the patty, bacon, baby leaf salad, the onions, and mayo. And it should look something like this …
Also be sure to check out my new Instagram page @shanice_eats, including food pics, reviews, food ASMR and BTS. Thank you for your support!