GOOD MORNING or should I say afternoon! How are you all doing? What was your highlight of this week, tell me in the comment section below. Anyway, your girl has got you covered with another feast to cook! I hope you’re as excited as I am.
Fridays to me are the day to chill, its finally the beginning of the weekend, some people are off work, some are not. However, I always find an excuse, whatever the occasion that Fridays are cheat days (not going to lie, I say that to myself all the time after I’ve eaten something naughty).
But what better way to enjoy your Friday evening with food! wings anyone? oh and fries?!
So here is my amazing Chrispy salt & pepper wings, fruity mango & lime wings with monster fries; fries slathered in a homemade monster sauce, sprinkled with pancetta, red onions, pickled onions and coriander.
Cooking time: 1hr
- Two packs of halal chicken wings
- Frozen fries
- Cornish sea salt
- Black pepper grinder
- Spring onions
- Green and red pepper
- Red onion
- chopped Pickled onion
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of Yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Honey
- Mango juice
- 1 teaspoon of Rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne chilli pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Tumeric
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Aromat
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon of Sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon of Onion salt
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spices
- 6 tablespoons of Potato starch
- 2 tablespoons of Water
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Chicken gravy
- First, clean and cut the chicken wings. Marinate one-half of the wings with paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric, mustard powder, aromat and sea salt, this is for the mango and lime wings. Marinate overnight or for 4 hours in the fridge.
- For the salt and pepper wings, marinate them overnight with; soy sauce, sesame seed oil, sea salt, black pepper, aromat, lemon slices, mixed spice, turmeric and lastly onion salt. Marinate overnight or for 4 hours in the fridge like the mango and lime wings.
- Then, on the day of preparation make a paste with water, garlic and potato starch, till its runny thick. massage into the salt and pepper wings and put them into the oven for 30 – 40 minutes on medium heat.
- Next, are the mango and lime wings. Squeeze the juice from one lime and add to a warm pan with, mango juice, honey, paprika, garlic and ginger, dissolve some brown sugar and one tablespoon of chicken gravy, let the mixture thicken, then cool. When the mixture is cool massage into the mango and lime wings and put them into the oven for 30 – 40 minutes on medium heat.
- Now, onto the loaded fries, place the frozen fries into a pan and put them into the oven for 30 – 40 minutes, you need them to be extra Chrispy not soggy or burnt.
- While the fries are cooking, heat a pan and fry the pancetta.
- For the monster sauce, grab a bowl and add mayo and ketchup 1:1, then add yellow mustard, honey, rice vinegar, pickled onions, chives and coriander. Keep the sauce in the fridge while everything is cooking.
- In the meantime slice the red onions and prepare the garnish of chillis and spring onions.
- Then, onto the quick and simple veg side just to keep it on the healthy side, (a balanced diet is a good diet). Cut the celery into biteable pieces and cabbage into thin slices.
- Lastly, when the fries are cooked load them with the sauce first, then onions, then pancetta, or any way you prefer.
- Then plate up the chicken wings, sprinkle the green and red chilli garnish onto the mango & lime wings.
- Finaly add the spring onion garnish with an extra sprinkling of sea salt and pepper to the salt & pepper wings.
And it’s done!
Enjoy Guys and have a chill weekend xx
Bye for now!