Good Afternoon everyone! How was your weekend? And what did you get up to? I think you all know what I was doing lol. Other than a long shift on Saturday, I didn’t forget about you all and my kitchen. So I thought why not treat you all to dessert. Honestly, I have a really bad sweet tooth, like really bad, I can’t go a day without something sweet. That is one of the reasons why I have a gym membership.😄 I do believe a balanced diet is the best and I do encourage that you all follow one whilst occasionally treating yourself. Something you may not know about me is that I am into nutrition and a healthy balanced lifestyle, so every Monday expect to get an amazing dessert recipe, Tuesday a healthy, wholesome salad, Wednesday a nutritious breakfast to kick start your mornings and Saturday a big tasty feast for the family. For now, I’ll leave you with my Golden biscuit crunch ice cream recipe…
So here it is!
Cooking time: 1hr (3-4hrs freezing)
- 1 and 1/2 double cream
- 1 can of low-fat ambrosia custard
- 3 tablespoon Golden syrup
- Digestive biscuits
- Melted butter
- Firstly, assemble the ice cream machine using the instructions given
- Secondly, whisk double cream, golden syrup and custard in a bowl
- Then, pour the ice cream into the ice cream maker and let it work its magic until the consistency is cold and thick.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream container, and freeze for an hour
- While the ice cream is in the freezer, crush the digestive biscuits and mix a bit of melted butter.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and mix in the biscuit
- Put the ice cream back into the freezer for 3 hours
- Finally, the ice cream will be frozen to perfection and ready to serve. Scoop the ice cream into a sundae glass and sprinkle with a generous amount of biscuit crumbs (without the butter). And it’s done!
Thank you for reading, see you again tomorrow xx