Hello again! I woke up feeling really good and energised, I think it’s because I’ve been eating a lot more veg and healthier. I recently had an allergy test and the results did disappoint me a bit. Like how can I have an intolerance to sugar, wheat and orange juice and cheese!.😩 These a literally my favourite. I didn’t know what to do with myself when I found out, I was thinking what can I really eat then … But I know myself and I know I will always have ideas especially when it comes to food. So I will be uploading more recipes for people like me that have the same food intolerances. However, this will not affect the other recipes I have in store for those that are allowed cheese, cakes, biscuits, pasta, ORANGE JUICE 😡 LOL it hurts.
Other than that, the change in weather has made me crave less meat and more veg. And lighter meals as well. This has also helped improve the bloating I was getting. Meals like the one I’m about to share are great for people who are always on the go. You could prep meal it for a few days as well, I realise the longer it’s in the fridge the better the flavours become, day after day. It’s extremely simple and not so time-consuming like my recent post. I know it was long!
Its also got a range of veg which has different health benefits. On the top of my head, I know cucumbers are good for hydrating your body and weight loss. Red peppers contain lycopene (majority any red coloured veg do) which protect the heart and the skin. And the superfood spinach, I think everyone knows that spinach has a wide range of benefits.
So here it is my tasty vegan shitake noodle bowls.
Cooking time: 40 mins
- Shitake mushrooms
- Rice noodles
- Red pepper
- Yellow pepper
- Baby Spinach
- Bean sprouts
- Low salt gluten-free soy sauce (or any regular soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of Rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 oxo vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese spices
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Sesame seed oil
- Chopped garlic clove
- Oyster sauce
- Chop all the veg into thin slices, except the spinach
- Boil hot water and pour over the rice noodles, let the noodles sit in the water till its bright white and softer.
- Heat a pan with sesame seed oil and add the shitake mushrooms, once they are starting to cook add the veg stock cube and a splash of water. Let that simmer till the mushrooms are soft. Place the mushrooms to one side.
- In the same pan add rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt and let it thicken. Then add the bean sprouts, and let it cook for 5 minutes. It should still be crunchy, and not soggy. Place the sprouts to one side.
- Then again in the same pan heat some baby spinach and add sweet chilli sauce and Worcester sauce and cook for less than 5 mins.
- Season the rice noodles, with a chopped garlic clove and soy sauce, Chinese spices and a drop of oyster sauce.
- Plate up all the ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and you could serve this will some seaweed on the side or even a refreshing soursop smoothie!
It’s delicious 😅
See you tomorrow foodies x
Hope you try this recipe, you won’t regret it