Cooking time: 40 mins
- Shitake mushrooms
- Rice noodles
- Red pepper
- Yellow pepper
- Baby Spinach
- Bean sprouts
- Low salt gluten-free soy sauce (or any regular soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of Rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 oxo vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese spices
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Sesame seed oil
- Chopped garlic clove
- Oyster sauce
- Chop all the veg into thin slices, except the spinach
- Boil hot water and pour over the rice noodles, let the noodles sit in the water till its bright white and softer.
- Heat a pan with sesame seed oil and add the shitake mushrooms, once they are starting to cook add the veg stock cube and a splash of water. Let that simmer till the mushrooms are soft. Place the mushrooms to one side.
- In the same pan add rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt and let it thicken. Then add the bean sprouts, and let it cook for 5 minutes. It should still be crunchy, and not soggy. Place the sprouts to one side.
- Then again in the same pan heat some baby spinach and add sweet chilli sauce and Worcester sauce and cook for less than 5 mins.
- Season the rice noodles, with a chopped garlic clove and soy sauce, Chinese spices and a drop of oyster sauce.
- Plate up all the ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and you could serve this will some seaweed on the side or even a refreshing soursop smoothie!
It’s delicious 😅
See you tomorrow foodies x
Hope you try this recipe, you won’t regret it