Oh my gosh, guys! … this is one of the best desserts I’ve ever made in my life. I love cherry Bakewell tarts and I love cookie dough. Combined together it makes a dream. It was the perfect amount of sweet. But it’s even better when you share it with family and friends. I don’t really recommend you having the whole cookie to yourself unless you are going through a breakup or something, that might be an exception lol. Because it is very naughty not just in the title but in the calories. And I am all about a healthy and balanced lifestyle. So when it’s time to treat yourself then you should do so but in moderation.
Making the cookie dough reminded me of the times my sister and I would visit my Granny and she would make her famous shortbread biscuits. So I remembered the basic steps to making cookie dough, the creamed butter and sugar and the flour. It’s so simple.
Here it is my Naughty cherry Bakewell cookie dough! Oh you will definitely enjoy it x
Cooking time: 2hrs
- Black cherries
- 225g unsalted butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 260g plain flour
- White chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 20g ground almond
- 1.5 kg of preserving sugar
- Already made rolled out pastry
- 20 ml of cloudy apple juice
- Firstly, prepare the cherry jam, buy slicing the cherries in half and pitting them.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the preserving sugar, apple juice and cherries. Let the jam liquid simmer for 30 – 1hr, until it’s slightly thicker and glossy. Make sure you stir the mix often just to bind the jam together.
- An easy way to check if the jam is ready is to get a cool spoon and dip a bit of the jam, if the jam is still runny then it’s not ready yet, if it forms a film on top (for example when you overheat milk the fat layer) then the jam is ready. Let it cool on aside. Preheat the oven on medium heat.
- Secondly, for the cookie dough, cream the butter, sugar, a pinch of salt and vanilla extract.
- Then, add the flour, white chocolate chips and ground almonds, and fold. Chill the cookie dough in the fridge till ready for use.
- Once that is done, add the pastry into the cast iron pan and flatten, then prick the pastry with a fork and cook the pastry in the oven for 15/20 mins.
- When the pastry is cooked, let it cool for 10 minutes. Spread a bit of butter on the pastry then the cherry jam.
- Grab your cookie dough mix, make a medium-sized ball and flatten it onto the cherry jam and pastry.
- Add the Bakewell cookie dough into the oven for 25 minutes until its golden brown. Take it out and let it cool.
- Top with a dollop of ice cream, cherry jam, white chocolate chips, a sprinkle of ground almond and a cherry on top, which I ate before I could use it for decoration lol
And it’s done! This is perfect for family get together or a cheeky at-home date. Be sure to try it, if you do tag me on shanice_eats on Instagram. Thank you and have a great day, see you soon