(Cooking time: 2hrs)
- Spring roll/ samosa pastry
- Red onions
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon Garam masala
- Halved pickled onion
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Green peas
- Spring onions
- 1 OXO vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon balti paste
- Lemon juice
- Firstly, chop the potato, wash them and boil them till it’s soft but not mushy. Keep it to one side.
- Then heat another pan with oil, add the cumin seeds, thinly sliced onions, ginger and garlic, then add the green peas. Let that simmer.
- When the peas are partly cooked, slowly add the potatoes and mix.
- When the potatoes are getting mushy, begin to add the seasoning: garam masala, veg stock, cloves, sugar, balti paste, turmeric, salt, spring onions, chives, coriander, pickled onion and a drizzle of lemon juice. Let it cook until the mix is soft and the potatoes are mashed.
- For the difficult part, divide the pastry sheets into three equal strips. Then watch this quick tutorial, because I think my description will make the process even more difficult lol – https://youtu.be/xgwWyqFMvqU (watch and practice a few times before you attempt the samosas )
- Before you fold the samosa’s make a thick paste of flour and water to seal the pastry.
- Then heat a pan full of oil on low/ medium heat, and deep fry the samosas. The samosas should float while they are frying if they sink the oil is not hot enough.
- When they are golden brown add them to a plate of tissue and let them cool for 5 minutes
- Finally, plate up the samosas with a garnish of sesame seeds, chive and a generous drizzle of honey. And it’s ready to eat! Enjoy!
See you very soon, have a beautiful day x