Good Morning Foodies, How’s your week been? I hope you’re doing well!
I’m so excited for 2020, especially with the recipes I’ve got prepared for you. Also, I am going to start informing you about the nutritional benefits of my dishes. For instance, an important ingredient in this dish is turmeric. I use turmeric in a majority of my dishes because of the anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties due to their powerful antioxidants, therefore it is useful for fighting pain in your joints etc or to fight yeast overgrowth in your body.
Furthermore, this dish is bursting with many more nutritious vegetables and herbs like red bell peppers and chives. All of my favourite! So enough rambling, here is my Golden King prawn noodles.
- King prawns
- 1 packet Thai rice noodles
- Red pepper
- Spring onions
- Red onions
- 2 star-anise
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- Lazy garlic
- Lazy ginger
- Balsamic vinegar of modena
- Soy sauce
- Half a lime
- Olive oil
- Asian seasoning sauce (optional)
- Brown sugar
- Prepare the rice noodles by letting it sit in boiling hot water.
- Heat the wok with olive oil and 2 star-anise, lazy garlic and ginger, fry the onions and pepper till slightly brown.
- Add the prawns, spring onions and chives to the wok.
- Then season the stir fry with the chicken stock, 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, half a teaspoon of nutmeg and cumin, a splash of soy sauce, a squeeze of lime juice and a splash of Asian seasoning sauce, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Slowly add the rice noodles and gently mix into the stir fry and sauce till its evenly distributed into the noodles.
- And it’s finished! Garnish with some raw red onions, spring onions and red peppers.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe, check out @nutrishanice on Instagram for more
See you very soon, have a blessed and beautiful Sunday
Shanice Harris x