Yesterday was national pizza day! which is every day, right ?!
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 300g strong bread flour
- 1 packet of active yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Very lazy garlic
- 200 ml of warm water
- Low-sugar BBQ sauce (homemade)
- Low-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped jalepeños
- Chopped olives
- Chopped green and red peppers
- Halal turkey pepperoni
- To prepare the dough, in a bowl add the flour and mix in the salt, then add the yeast, sugar, olive oil, garlic. And lastly 200 ml of warm water.
- Flour the surface and knead the dough for a good ten minutes.
- Then, proof in a warm cupboard overnight. Use olive oil to stop the dough from sticking to the cling film and bowl.
- The next day, get your dough and knead for 5 mins. The dough should be springy and bouncy.
- Preheat the oven on 190 degrees.
- Cut into two and roll out, it may be difficult for it to stay flat because of the elasticity of the dough.
- Pull and press the dough down into a circle, or rectangle or whatever shape preferred.
- For the toppings smoother a generous amount of BBQ sauce.
- Then evenly add your peppers, then olives, jalepeños, sprinkle the cheese. And lastly pepperoni.
- Place the pizza in the oven and let it cook for 15/20 minutes.
- Drizzle a bit of BBQ sauce and then sprinkle some dried chives.
And when it’s done, serve with homemade wedges, or even better a fresh vibrant salad using the remaining vegetable toppings. It’s delicious!
Thank you for reading,
Have a lovely week!