Succulent chicken drumsticks in a delicious Thai 7 spice marinade, grilled and boiled in a sticky, fruity honey and soy sauce glaze.
You will love this one!
Cooking time: 1 hour
(For 10 drumsticks)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 stalk of spring onion
- 1 whole red onion
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of Thai 7 spice (mine was homemade but you can get shop-bought)
- 1 teaspoon of malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 5 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of reduced sugar honey
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Chicken juices from cooked drumsticks
- A shot of cornflour and water mixture
- 1 tablespoon of Thai 7 spice
- 1/2 a cup of water
- Clean the chicken with lemon and rinse off thoroughly.
- Prepare the Thai 7 spice chicken marinade. In a chopper blitz the red pepper, spring onion, red onion, garlic cloves, Thai 7 spice, malt vinegar and sea salt.
- Season the chicken with the marinade and grill on low heat.
- Prepare the sauce. In a pan add soy sauce, honey, orange juice squeezed, Thai 7 spice and water.
- Mix and let the sauce simmer for 15 mins.
- When the chicken is cooked, pour all the juices into the sauce.
- Then, add a shot of cornflour and water to thicken the sauce. Place the drumsticks into the sauce and let the drumsticks simmer.
And it’s complete!
The drumsticks tasted finger-licking good with fresh pomegranate and coriander salad. This would make a great appetiser for your family and friends!
Thank you for reading,
Lots of love,
Shanice Harris x